Vinni Della Pietra, Chef & Owner, Dom Restaurant
Servings vary with oven;
2 large tray pizzas in a home oven or x5 smaller pizzas for a wood-fired garden pizza oven.
1kg plain flour
500-600ml water (organic flour may need
4g dried yeast
Dash of olive oil
200-300g Leftover roasted Fosse turkey pieces
4 – 5 slices of goats cheese
100g grated mozzarella cheese
2-3 teaspoons of caramelised onion:
(To Make Caramelised Onion – you’ll need 100g sliced red onions, 50g sugar and 1 tbsp
Put all ingredients in a pan and reduce until the mixture is soft and browned.
Make the pizza dough by hand in a large bowl or in a Kitchen Aid / Food Processor using a dough hook.
1. Blend all dough ingredients – except salt and water. Gradually add water, bit by bit in small amounts and mixing until almost all the water is in. Add salt. Finish with the rest of the water until you have a very smooth ball of dough. (The complete process of making the dough should take 15 – 20 minutes.)
2. Once dough is made, leave the dough ball in the bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to prove at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
3. Take out and cut into portions, according to the size of oven you are using, eg. for a
conventional oven, cut the dough into 2 halves. For cooking in an outdoor pizza oven
cut the dough into 5 or 6 regular portions. Let the pizza prove again, with cling film over
the dough balls for 11/2 to 2 hrs.
4. Add the small pieces of goats cheese over the pizza bases, small pieces of roast turkey, then the grated mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook in a hot, pre-heated conventional oven at approximately 250 °C fan. Regularly check after 5 -8 minutes cooking time. (Stone backed Pizza ovens will take much less
time; 30-40 seconds.)
Add caramelised onions and basil leaf.